Thursday, October 14, 2010

Happy 8 Months to Devan..and a little bit about Dante too!



Achievements:
Devan is 8 months weighing at 18.5 lb with 4 teeth (two on bottom and two on top). He crawls everywhere now with me walking right behind him. Let me tell you how proud he is to strut his crawl. He slaps his hands down on the wood floor and lets out a giggle or two as he goes room to room. Unfortunately, his toenails are scuffed up from it. He loves to stand up by pulling himself up and even taking side steps to reach the end of a table or the couch. Yes, I think he'll be a early walker just like his Bro, Dante.
Expressing:
He makes lots of different sounds and baby talk. He says Mama with his sweet voice. He likes to show his excitement with a loud short grunt. He crinkles his nose and eyes and shows his upper teeth when he wants to fake cry or whine about something. He likes to do a silly face when he breathes in & out of his nose. My favorite right now is if someone comes up to him with a soft voice and greets him, he will act bashful and have a semi-smile while he tilts his head down. It's super cute you should try it!
Feeding time:
He doesn't turn down any types of food. Peas to Chicken and applesauce..He loves it all! His favorite now is sharing a banana with mommy. I love to give him a smash nibble of bananas! I usually have two spoons with me when I'm feeding him. One for him to hold to keep him busy or else he will steal mine and get food all over him, and the 2nd spoon is for me to feed him. I do sign language with him so he knows when I'm feeding him and when I'm done feeding him. I think he understands some of it..it's kinda fun to communicate with him that way :)

Dislikes:
sleeping through the night (yes he still doesn't. ugh!)
staying still while changing his diaper or clothes
toys taken away from him
high chairs..especially the table tops
singing him to sleep

Brother time:
Dante is really getting attached to Devan now. He loves to hold him and kiss him. He is always telling us how much he loves his brother. It's the sweetest joy to having children. Dante is great at sharing his toys and no questions asked unless it's 'dangerous' for Devan to play with. He loves to help with feeding time and bathing time. I tried to have him help with changing diapers but he doesn't want to go near that. It's always "ewwwww!" haha.
One time, Devan fell back on his head from a sitting position and Dante heard Devan crying. I look over and Dante is crying and telling me, "please mommy pick him up". I immediately wanted to cry with them. I explained to Dante that Devan is okay and thank you for wanting to protect your brother. Again, so sweet to having children.
There are moments that Dante wants to test his limits with Devan. He has jumped over Devan, held on to him and not letting go, let Devan suck his toe (yuck haha), and accidentally poke his eye. All in all though He is a very good big brother.
Parent time:
Dantes has shared with me how much he loves his boys. He loves to teach Dante Spanish and now sign language. He loves playing with him..I mean come on doesn't all husband's like to be a kid still? haha. With Devan, he loves when he does the bashful look and when he can actually rock him to sleep.
For me, I have been off of work for almost 2 months now and I have been enjoying every minute of it. It's been a blessing to have this time even if it wasn't planned on our part. I feel scheduling has improved and Dante's temperament has been better..you know with the whole "terrible three's". Yikes! I love that I can take both my boys out to the park and enjoy Dante making new friends and Devan watching with his curious eyes.

Happy 8 months, Devan!
Thank you God for letting me be a mom of two. xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment